My AssetStore Link

I've moved - GO TO THE NEW WEBSITE

Unity Store Link - Click to see all the Song's work that has been put on Unity AssetStore




Tuesday 5 February 2013

Annoucing TDTK v2.2.0b


I'm very pleased to report that I've just submit TDTKv2.2.0b to AssetStore. First thing first, new demo. I would consider it's a beta version for v2.2 rather than anything. The reason is that there are some components are not finalised in their implementation. And I have got immediate plans to refined them as well as add in more game-changing component.

So what's new?

In a nutshell, many things. Lots of stuff has been given a face lift. Most of it aim to give a more streamline experience to the user. For instance, you no longer need to assign individual tower prefab to BuildManager and Each platform will now have all tower available listed, to enable or disable them for a particular build platform, simply check or unchecked them. The Pièce de résistance for this release of course, is the perk system which I have mentioned in previous post, here and here. So let just goes through the list (beware of the wall of text):
  • New perk system and perk editor for construction/design of tech tree or in game shop.
  • Each item in the perk list can be enable/disable in each individual level via PerkManager.
  • Both sample UI has addition component for tech-tree/shop interface.
  • Rework tower management. BuildManager will have acess to a common list of tower prefab and each tower can be enable/disable individually in different level.
  • Each individual tower can be enable/disable on each build platform
  • New multi-resource system, all level will have the same resource type. each starting value can be customised.
  • Add menu item for quick scene setup as well as various component addition
  • Modification for SpawnEditor for easier of inserting and removing specific wave in the list
  • Modification for path inspector editor for easier of inserting and removing specific waypoint in the list
  • Added position based zoom to CameraControl, camera will move toward the zoom point of the cursor.
  • Current and next wave information will now be displayed in game in both UI and NGUI.
  • Add critical damage mechanism to towers.
  • Default UI has been tweaked to be compatible with mobile.
  • UIiOS is no longer supported
  • and some other smaller tweaks and additions.
All the sample scene has also been redesigned. And I think they are of a higher quality than the older one. Check them out in the demo. Be sure not to miss the 'perk menu' button.


Finally here's the bomb shell. I'll be honest. This update has been a bit of a rush job since I've been busy and I really want to get it out before my departure from office for 2 weeks during February (starting after the day I post this), where I wont have access to my usual working PC. As a result, I didn't quite manage to update the documentation to the usual standard. However I do plan to make a new series of video to go with the new version, hopefully in the next few days. It's a good thing the macbook I carry with me is capable to recording video. It's a set back, but I'll get the documentation right when I carry on working. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

I like to talk more, especially about the perk system. Unfortunately this is all the time I have now. I'll make another post about it and showcase it in detail, in like 48 hours or so hopefully. If you are interested, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment