My AssetStore Link

I've moved - GO TO THE NEW WEBSITE

Unity Store Link - Click to see all the Song's work that has been put on Unity AssetStore




Thursday 5 December 2013

Status Update (Civ5 is addictive as hell!!)

So I've been working on a new project on my spare time. Correction, so I've been playing civilization5 all the time. I have no idea how on earth I still manage to find time to do some work each day. I'm pretty sure I've spend way more time than I should have on it. The problem is the game is so darn additive. I started on Friday evening. 'Just one evening', I said. Before I know it, it's Monday morning and I cant feel anything below my waist, I have to pick one of my eyes up from my desk...  Now, I'm terrified just at the thought of booting it up.

It's a strange feeling. In the game, I raise civilisation span thousands of years, shape history, build wonders. I feel like I have contribute so much for the humanity. But in real life, I'm actually wasting a lot of time, doing the most worthless thing I can do with my time. Still, it's hands down one of the most entertaining and educational game of all time.

Anyway, I'm indeed working on a new project. It's sort of a XCom, FTL hybrid turn based game. Yes, TBTK will be the core component. And yes, this is what TBTK is intended for all long. AssetStore is just an after thought. Well, a very early after thought. If you have been following this blog, you will remember that I've been posting image about some mech model. And so you might have guess this new project will have mech. You are absolutely right. I'm building an army of mech. Normally at this point, people will show a bunch of concept art about the mech design. But I'm going to skip that and show the actual model instead. So this is a taste of what to come:


  

These are not all of course. But the rest will have to wait. I'd love to show some game screen, or even a playable prototype. Unfortunately none of that is ready. But if I manage to stay off civ5 long enough, I should be able to put something together. Hopefully I 'll get to talk about that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment