My AssetStore Link

I've moved - GO TO THE NEW WEBSITE

Unity Store Link - Click to see all the Song's work that has been put on Unity AssetStore




Sunday 17 May 2015

Status Update

Once again it feels like I've fallen off the face of the earth or something. Can't believe that it's been 2 months since I last post something. I started this blog with the intention to post regular update of the things I'm doing and the progress I've done. Just to remind and motivate myself, if not to anyone who is interested. It seems like I've either have so much to do I've forgotten about posting, or I've been doing nothing all this while.

Truth is, my status hasn't change much since the last few months. That is I'm concentrating almost all my effort on MechCorp. It has been taken way way too long than I first expected. But it's all because of my own doing. Indecisive in finalizing the various aspect of the project and inexperience in many of the execution. The consolation is at least progress are slowly being made.

I've now built almost two dozen of mech models, along with another two dozen or so of interchangeable weapons for the mech, and other units. They all have been integrated into the game. I've got most of the game mechanic nailed down, at least half of the UI finalized and done. There are still a lot to do but it feels like I've crossed the half way line. There's no reason why this can't be finished now.

Honestly, it has been a very rocky process with lots of roller-coaster like ups and down. There are days I feel like I'm nailing it and it's going to be the a very good game, then a little design flaw I found later makes me feels like the whole thing is a big waste of time. Project fatigue is certainly closing in. I've lost count of how many time I'm tempted to scrap everything and start again, or just do something else.

On another note, as of this month, it's been 4 years since I started this blog. It also means that it's been 4 years I'm trying to do this professionally on a full time basis. Not saying I'm surprise that I'm still here, I know I have the will to see thing through. I will most certainly still be here this time next year. But it would certainly be very nice if I've a moderately successful game released by the same time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment